Whether you're rocking the Cowboy or the Greek God, there’s nothing worse than a pair of sad looking buns cramping your BodyAware underwear swag. Feeling confident in your own skin is what BodyAware is about, but let's face it, if you haven’t been working on those rear assets, then it's time to get back in the game. Everyday can't be upper body and ab day you know, now is the time to work those neglected buns and kick them into BodyAware shape.
1. Single Leg Kickback
Kickbacks are super effective for targeting the glute muscles and shaping the surrounding areas. You can also make the move more challenging by using cables or resistance bands.
- Get on your hands and knees and make sure your back is straight
- Push out with the heel of your foot, kicking behind you like a horse would
- Make sure to get a full extension in the leg before bringing it back to the start position
- Go for 15-20 reps per side
2. Weighted Squats
Everyone knows that squats are one of the most effective moves for great buns, and you can get the most out of this move by adding a barbell or dumbbells to up the intensity.
- Begin by placing your feet positioned about shoulder width from each other, and your toes pointing outward slightly
- With a slight bend in your knees and waist, sit back and down onto your heels as if you’re sitting in an imaginary chair, making sure your quads are parallel to the floor and your knees never extend past your toes
- Push into your heels, lift your body up and return to a starting position
- Work up to 3 sets of 8 – 10 reps with an emphasis on good form
3. Weighted Lunges
Lunges are another powerhouse move to carve out a chiselled set of buns that would look great in those undies, short shorts or leggings. Adding weight makes sure you challenge the muscles to train them more effectively.
- Begin by standing with one foot in front of the other by about 8-12 inches
- Your back, hips and shoulders should be straight
- Lower your body down as you bend your knees making sure that your rear knee just nearly touches the floor and your front leg quad muscle is parallel to the floor, without extending your knee past your ankle
- Lift up your body by pressing into your heel and repeat
- Perform 2 sets of 10-12 reps on each leg
4. Plyo Box Jumps
Trainers realize that squats and lunges are great and effective for killer buns, but in order to target all of the smaller muscles in the glutes and leg, plyo box jumps are the way to go.
- Standing with your feet shoulder width apart, position yourself directly in front of the Plyo box
- Dip down into a squat position and jump up onto the box ensuring to land on the balls of your feet
- Take a jump back down and rest for a couple of seconds before repeating the move
- Push for 2 sets of 15 reps
5. Single Leg Bridge
The single leg bridge is a super effective move to firm up and tone the glutes and surrounding muscles, with or without equipment. Performing the move with a barbell across your hips/pelvis will push the exercise to the next level.
- Lie down with your body flat on the floor, knees bent, and your hands extended down by your sides
- Begin by lifting your hips as high up as you can while keeping your back straight
- Lift up one leg and point the toe to the wall straight in front of you, keeping the leg in line with your torso
- Continue holding this move while taking a deep breath out, before returning back to the start
- Aim for 2 sets of 12-20 reps per leg
Having a great set of buns can make you feel stronger, more confident, and definitely more willing to throw on your BodyAware underwear and strut around without a care who’s watching. Leggings for men are so hot right now, but flabby buns are a quick way to put out the fire. A pair of nice tight glutes can make sure you fill out those short shorts and get attention for all the right reasons. Sad buns and sad undies go hand in hand, and a BodyAware man isn't interested in either.
Do you have a favourite routine to firm and shape your booty? We'd love to hear about it in the comments below!